Monday, June 4, 2012

updates

My sister texted me last week "only two more days of birth control..."  I played dumb.  Then I didn't really say anything at all.  She wants me to be excited for her, and ask questions.  I don't.  We don't know each other anymore.  I was so furious though.  I wanted to ask if she's been to the doctor, had a physical, is taking prenatals, has read a single book, has talked to Frank about parenting styles, about discipline styles, if they even have any, what they're going to do about living arrangements, what they're going to do about their jobs, whether she still has panic attacks thinking about it, why she wants to have a kid, what are her reasons?  So furious.  Because I personally think she's only planning on having one because their best friends are pregnant.  So there's that news.

Husband and I are planning on moving to Arizona.  In a year.  He has a friend he works with at Olive Garden that's moving down there with his wife (who's also a teacher) and more or less convinced us.  We had thrown the idea around for the past year or so of moving out of state for a few years after he's done with school.  If we're going to live anywhere else, now's the time to do it.  There's a school in both Mesa and Tucson that offers the physical therapy assistant program, and it only takes a year and a half instead of two, so that's good for me.  And timing should work out, it starts twice a year, and we're hoping to be down there in May or June, July at the latest, when our lease is up here.  The Husband and I are not spontaneous people per se, but with big decisions, we both know right away.  We're keeping it quiet for now, don't want to upset family, and it should be fun to tell my sister that, no, I won't be around to babysit for her (that's really just a perk though).

We started donating plasma.  Money has been seriously tight, and we're about $300 short for our trip, so why not get paid to get poked twice a week?  We're getting $360 a month, not bad.  Pays for groceries.

Our friend Mark came over last week and he and Husband got super drunk and Husband came to bed at 4:30.  4:45, he attacked me.  He has really horrible nightmares, especially when he gets drunk.  He grabbed my arms, I thought he was going to break them, and was screaming who knows what.  His eyes were open, he was responding to me, but he would not let go.  I was kicking/yelling/everything I could think of.  He eventually went for my throat but at the last second, stopped, sat up, mumbled something, and went back to sleep.  He felt so bad about it the next day, he cried.  Poor guy.  I'm just not going to sleep with him when he gets that drunk.  It's not his fault, but that doesn't mean I want a repeat.

Husband's family is coming over next week for vacation/birthdays.  I'm excited!  I get to cook for everyone and I took Friday off and so everyone'll be together.  It should be a good time!

I feel very cut and dry in this post.  But I have a headache, and I think I'm going to watch a movie.  Husband is at work and the place is clean, so I don't have much else to do.  That's about all the updates anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment