Saturday, March 31, 2012

the beginning

I've wanted to start a blog for I don't know how long.  Or a diary.  Or journal, your choice.  I wanted something that would chronicle where I am now to who I will become.  Who am I?  I am anonymous.  My name is listed as "Eve" and I think that's a good place to start.  That comes from my childhood and wishing to write into newspapers' Letters to the Editor as "Evelyn Foster".  But I can't give you my real name because frankly, I'm somewhat of a coward.  I can't imagine saying what I want to say (and will inevitably say) and facing certain people afterward.

So for the stats that might help you get a picture: I live in Washington, I'm twenty-four, recently married, and I'm obsessed with the idea of becoming a mother (hence the blog title).  I never wanted kids until I got married and I'm still not convinced I want them.  But if we do decide to add to the population, I want to be as ready as I possibly can. I've been reading articles, books, studies, recommendations and I realized that I really need to start keeping track of the information overload.  I have a notebook with my printed material, and the blog will hopefully help me keep track of myself, my thoughts/opinions and (hopefully) garner some conversation that will help as well.  While the main focus of this will be parenting and such, I will be talking about a gamut of things; my background, politics, religion, medicine etc.  I can't limit myself for one topic for the next six-seven years!

No comments:

Post a Comment