Sunday, April 1, 2012

everywhere babies

I'm still trying to decide if everyone truly is popping out babies all over the place, if it's my age group and that's "what comes next", or that I'm just noticing it more.  I know of at least twenty women who are pregnant or just had a baby and I don't remember this happening before.  Why the sudden obsession?  Or is it just me, barely noticing?

At our wedding, my mother-in-law shouted in the middle of my sister's toast "BABIES!!"  My father-in-law has calmed her down on demanding grandchildren and she knows to not pressure us, but that doesn't mean that she doesn't bring it up whenever we see her (which luckily, is only every three months or so).  Surprisingly, she's cute when she talks about it, like a long-standing dream she's remembering, rather than a far off wish.

It could very well be a wish though.  I have endometriosis and am one month away from finishing up six months of treatment.  They put me in a state of menopause to try to allow my body to absorb the lesions, but it doesn't seem to have gone well.  I'm still in just as much pain, but now I have added hot flashes and massive mood swings on top of everything.  Fun.  The Husband has been such a trooper through it all though, I just let him know I'm having a rough day and he seems to always know whether to ask what happened or give me space.  What a guy!  So we'll see if children is even in the picture down the road.

Meanwhile, we're practicing on dogs!  Reading that to myself, that could sound very wrong ;)  But we do have to feed them, bathe them, discipline, set rules, take care of them when they're sick, try not to favor one over the other (we have three!) and try not to kill them when they drive us insane.  Apricot is four and a spoiled bitch.  June's the middle child and acting it, at a year and a half.  And the newest is Henry at only five months, and he's a dream.  And I really should be giving them a bath, along with doing laundry, cleaning the house, organizing bills, and getting the weekly menu put together.  Oh Sunday's...I love and hate you.

No comments:

Post a Comment