Thursday, May 3, 2012

dinner

I made salmon, broccoli, and wild rice for dinner and The Husband almost puked.  Twice.  And it's mostly "my fault" because I put too large of a portion in front of him.  Ugh.

I should back up.  One of the many goals is to eat home/eat healthier.  Years of fast food has taken its toll and I'm borderline high cholesterol.  I'm 5'11 and 130 pounds, highish cholesterol should not be a problem!  And The Husband is 5'7 and 210 so...yeah, we need to be healthier.  I personally love salmon, it's fairly subtle, love the texture, and it's so good for you!  So I threw some on the grill (Husband was worried that cooking it inside would make it smell too much) and he threw the biggest fit!  *Wah wah I don't wanna!*  It was about 50% amusing and 50% fucking annoying.  So next time, I'll give him little bites of mine and get him accustomed.  I should say, he's really not picky about what he eats.  At all.  So he'll get there.  He liked the flavor (surprisingly), just not the texture.

In other news, I am exhausted so I'm going to bed.  There is news, but I just don't have the energy to type it out.  I probably will at one o'clock in the morning (I think it's been at least eight months since I've had a full night's sleep, it's goddamn annoying).

No comments:

Post a Comment