Monday, February 18, 2013

5 month update

Lordy, it's been 5 months since I last posted.  A lot can happen in 5 months.  I don't even know where to begin.

I had surgery November 11th.  (And for the record, I bled all the way from June 15th to November 25th.  Throwing that out there.)  Officially diagnosed with stage 3 endometriosis, my left ovary and fallopian tube were attached to my pelvic wall, he removed a little over 3/4 of my left ovary, cleaned up a few other adhesions, pumped me full of liquid to try and have things not reattach and sent me on my way.  Told me not to wait to have kids.  As of today, I'm in as much pain, if not more so.  So that $1600 lasted two months.  But he said my fallopian tubes were clear, which is a lot of women's biggest problem, so we'll see.

The plan now is to move in with his parents until we can buy a house (hopefully before the end of the year, please god) and then start trying.  I expect I'll need another surgery before it ends up happening.  But who knows?  I'm really not that stressed about it at this point.  Other than, if it doesn't happen in a year, I'd like to move us in the direction of adoption and consider a hysterectomy but we'll cross that bridge if we get to it.  I feel like I'm almost as prepared as I can be.  I have about 10 books I want to read, my binder is ready, etc.  I feel right on the cusp, it's just about here and I'm just about ready for it.  I'm sure I will be when the time comes.

My sister and I reconciled.  That's way too long of a story, but basically I got over being a massive bitch and got some answers to some of my concerns and we'll see how it goes from here.  I'm looking forward to getting to know her again.

We are moving in less than a month!  Everyone knows, apartment manager, work, parents, we haven't been quiet about it.  It'll be so nice to start a new chapter of our lives!  I'm a little nervous to find a new job but not near as much as I've been in the past.

I had school plans all done and ready, everything was lined up and then at the last minute, I was told I'd need to take 6 classes instead of 2 and since we're paying out of pocket, that's not going to happen.  And I can't get the 50 hours of experience in, so it's just not going to happen.  Plus the program doesn't start until April of next year and takes 27 months.  I'm trying to convince Husband that despite the heavy cost of the Private school, it'll be a wash since I can start it considerably sooner and graduate in 18 months and get a job with higher pay sooner.  We're still discussing things, there's a lot to weigh and consider.  But I think I can get my way ;)

And I'm exhausted so I will have to update more later, but this'll do for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment